Reasons Why Online Business Is Important In the World Today
Many online entrepreneurs are drawn to online businesses because of the freedom they offer. Modern technology, laptops, tablets, business apps and VOIP communication systems are just some of the tools that allow businesses to be operated from any location. Not being tied to a particular location or desk from 8am to 5pm can be very empowering. An online business will often allow you to eliminate some of the huge costs associated with an offline business. The beautiful thing about an online business is the ability to run it 24/7 without boundaries. There are no geographical boundaries and there are no specific hours of operation. An online business can produce revenue around the clock, even while you sleep. Your customers or clients can access your services and products any day, anytime, and anywhere in the world.
8 Reasons Consumers Like To Shop Online
By Gilon Miller
Because of the numerous advantages and benefits, more and more people say they prefer online shopping over conventional shopping these days. It’s important to understand the psyche of the online shopper. Cater to this and you’ll have them flocking to your… er, online store. Here’s what they say are important to them — and here’s how you can get a leg up by catering to these desires and fantasies. Know what the consumer wants and play to it — plug into your thinking all the ways that you can meet these desires, through your competitive intelligence, competitive pricing, customer service, and more.
From shopping in their pajamas to convenience for elderly and disabled, the consumer comments below highlight what’s positive about online shopping for them. Also because of wider choice, not subject to upselling or impulse buying, better prices, good for the environment, and more.
There are many reasons for online retailers to be sanguine about the future of online retail. Here are some consumers’ reasons for buying online, in their own words:
1) Convenience: Where else can you do shopping, even at midnight, wearing your jammies? You don’t have to wait in a line or wait till the shop assistant helps you with your purchases. You can do your shopping in minutes even if you are busy, apart from saving time and avoiding crowds. Online shops give us the opportunity to shop 24 x 7 and also reward us with ‘no pollution’ shopping.
2) Better Prices: I get cheap deals and better prices from online stores because products come to you directly from the manufacturer or seller without middlemen involved. Many online shops offer discount coupons and rebates.
3) Variety: One can get several brands and products from different sellers at one place. You can get in on the latest international trends without spending money on travel; you can shop from retailers in other parts of the country or even the world without being limited by geographic area… These stores offer a far greater selection of colors and sizes than you will find locally. If you find that the product you need is out of stock online, you can take your business to another online store where the product is available.
4) Fewer Expenses: Many times when we opt for conventional shopping we tend to spend a lot more than the required shopping expenses, on things like eating out, traveling, impulsive shopping etc.
5) Comparison of Prices: Online shops make comparison and research of products and prices possible. Online stores also give you the ability to share information and reviews with other shoppers who have firsthand experience with a product or retailer.
6) Crowds: If you are like me, you would like to avoid the crowds when you do the shopping. Crowds force us to do a hurried shopping most of the time. Crowds also create a problem when it comes to finding a parking place nearby where you want to shop and going back to your vehicle later loaded with shopping bags.
7) Compulsive Shopping: Many times when we go out shopping we end up buying things which we do not require because of the shopkeepers’ upselling skills — or we’ll compromise on our choices because of the lack of choices in those shops.
8) Discreet Purchases: Some things are better done in privacy. Online Shops enable me to purchase undergarments and lingerie or adult toys without the embarrassment that there are several people watching me and my choices.
More comments about shopping online:
- Shopping online is so much easier than lugging my daughter around with me, and you can find great deals just about everywhere, that make up for the shipping and handling fees.
- Online shopping will become a necessity for most of the people in the world. You can easily compare price, features, function, and get the latest updates of any products just by your mouse!
- Online shopping makes it easy for me to compare sellers before buying. I can get more detail before making a decision to buy or not.
- Nowadays the car park charges are so high that it puts me off; and with online shopping I can look at what they have to offer without being bothered or interrupted by shop assistants.
- With online shopping, we all benefit greatly from this endless competition between online retailers. Another excellent way to save money by buying online is deals offered by retailers, great discounts and savings only for those who purchase specific products online.
- It is so much easier to sit at home, find my size, color, and style and then it’s delivered to my front door.
- One can shop online from a worldwide selection of a specific product. Everything is just one click way from you — and online comparison of prices helps to buy cheapest product within a specific quality range.
- Online shopping is convenient and hassle free. In India more and more people are shopping online each day. And they are reaping the benefits as well. Some websites are also offering online shopping of grocery products – which I think is a leap forward from the typical online selling.
- Better prices is one of the main reasons that online shopping has taken off. The simple fact that the middle men are cut out of the delivery chain leads to a reduction in the cost and thus the final price of the product.
- I love online shopping because my dog is not allowed in a lot of stores, even though he is well behaved. I hate crowds and lines too.
There you have it, in their own words. These comments make mighty nice arguments for the benefits of online shopping. Understand the shopper’s psyche and you’ll have the key to how to make them happy, while racking up sales because… they like you, they REALLY like you.
Why Does Your Business Need an Online Presence?
By Chrysalis Communications
In the digital age, it is absolutely essential for your business to have an online presence. Whether it’s a website, an e-commerce platform, a social media page or a combination of all three, getting your company online will reap major benefits. Even if your company does not conduct business online, customers and potential customers are expecting to see you online. If they don’t see you there, you could be losing out on the opportunity to increase your customer base and get the word out about your business.
Here are just a few of the many reasons why your business needs to establish its online presence:
- Make it Easier for Potential Customers Come to You
Today, if someone wants more information about a company, they’re most likely to do their research online. Whether they’re specifically looking for your company, or they just want to find any company that offers the products or services that your company offers, having an online presence will give you a competitive edge. Potential customers will not put a lot of effort into finding you, and they should not have to. A simple Google search should provide them with all the information they seek.
Real life example: Your business distributes seafoods, meats, fine wines and other spirits. A potential customer is having an impromptu family get-together and needs a few bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon and some shrimp. She uses her smartphone to search for “wine and seafood in Jamaica”. Your company’s website is listed in the search results. After browsing your website, she’s satisfied that you can provide her with what she needs. You’ve just earned another customer!
- Make it Easier to Showcase Your Products and Services
The Internet gives businesses an effective platform for showcasing what they have to offer. Whether it’s a portfolio and testimonials from clients on a website, or an album on a Facebook page with photos of your newest products, it has never been easier to let the world know what you have to offer. With a few simple clicks, your customers can see what you’re all about. They can even do this outside of business hours! An online presence is an extension of your brand that never sleeps.
3, Make it Easier to Build Relationships with Customers and Potential Customers
Social media is all about building relationships. This is true for both individuals and businesses. Social media gives your brand a voice – it makes your company more “human” and relatable. Customers and potential customers can interact with your brand on a more personal level. It also gives you the opportunity to truly get to know your customers. If everyone is on social media except you, you are missing out on an invaluable opportunity to connect and communicate with your target audience. Social media is one of the simplest, yet most effective ways to get persons interested in your company and to form real relationships with real people.
- Make it Easier to Market Your Brand
Websites and social media platforms are excellent marketing tools. They are also some of the most cost effective methods of sending out information to thousands of people. Online marketing is extremely important for all businesses because it has a huge influence on the way consumers make purchasing decisions. Moderns’ consumers have even indicated that they look at companies in a negative light if they cannot find them online. Using the internet for marketing purposes allows you to overcome distance barriers. Persons thousands of miles away can be learning all about your business with just a few keystrokes. The “shareability” of social media allows your customers to easily spread the word about your business to all their friends. Ultimately, online marketing gives you the opportunity to market your brand in creative and exciting ways.
Modern businesses must ensure that they are not left behind. An online presence is one of the most important investments that a business can make. The benefits are endless!
Chrysalis Communications specializes in graphic design, website development, ecommerce and social media management for clients throughout the Caribbean region and beyond. We provide distinctive quality and creativity, backed by unparalleled customer service and support to clients both locally and internationally. We exhibit irreproachable ethical standards and strive to gain the respect and trust of our valued clients, suppliers, partners and peers in the industry.